10 Things to Do in Charleston
May 12 2017
I went to Charleston for a few days back in December (hence the wreath in the photo), and it quickly became one of my favorite cities in the US. Tons of great restaurants, cute shops, and the charming houses are out of this world. Save some time to simply walk around and look at the architecture – it was my favorite part..but some other great recs are below.
1. Have lunch at Fleet Landing.
Casual spot with really good seafood, and there’s a large outdoor space in the back that sits directly over the water. Order the seafood bisque.
2. Take a walk down King Street for great shopping, small cafes, and cute coffee shops.
3. Visit Calhoun Mansion.
This is a must-see. The inside of the house is unreal, and the owner still lives there! (A scene from The Notebook was filmed at this house).
4. Have some outdoor beers at Blind Tiger, craft beers at Closed for Business, and see live music at The Cocktail Club.
5. Get some messy (delicious!) BBQ at Sticky Fingers.
Best ribs I’ve ever had. Have to do it when you’re down south!
6. Take pictures at Rainbow Row.
7. Take a tour of the Nathaniel Russell House.
1800’s house with original furnishings – great for the history buff. Per the site, “visitors learn about the Russell family and the enslaved African Americans who lived there maintaining one of the nation’s grandest antebellum townhouses”.
8. Have dinner at Poogan’s Porch.
9. Relax in Waterfront Park.
Perfect for reading a book, taking a stroll, or getting some great photos on the water. (Rainbow Row is walking distance from here).
10. Grab a bite at Magnolia’s and Husk (pictured above).
I didn’t get a chance to eat at these two, as I had a huge list to cover, but they were highly recommended. On my list for next time!