Oct 24 2014
TGIF! Some things on my radar this weekend include lots of charity and donation opportunities, so definitely take a look:
1. BaubleBar’s newest Guest “Bartender” – Megan Runser. Megan is BaubleBar’s first ever customer Guest Bartender, and she is battling against Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. 100% of net proceeds from her line will go to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. (Yes – you read that correctly. 100%)! If you’re ever going to buy a piece from BaubleBar, now is the time to do it.
2. “Ebola hits NYC, Media Plays it Oddly Cool”. As quirky and fun as some of my typical posts are, this is some pretty serious stuff. Pay attention.
3. BaubleBar’s SECOND connection with charity work. I have a serious crush on BaubleBar this week, as I keep discovering how involved they are with charities and donations. In addition to the above, the company is also running donations through Instagram. As they say on their IG account, “What gives you strength? Share your images with #asgoodasgold and #baublebar now through 12/31. We’ll donate $1 to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for each submission.”
If you have an IG account, which I’m sure most of you do, please, PLEASE do this. It’s super quick, and you have the opportunity to help donate what will likely be a TON of money. If you participate, please tag me as well @littleprettiesbigcity, as I’d love to see which photos you all share!
4. J.Crew’s newest accessories. KILL ME. Look at all of these dishes. Everything is nautical. I have asthma, and my inhaler is not with me right now. Anchors everywhere. Help. (And – they’re 25% off with code “TGIFALL”. The end).
5. “Celebrities Who Look Like Disney Characters”. I love this! It’s so cute, and it’s SO spot-on. I’ve been told before that I look like Rapunzel from Tangled, as well (see the first one). Who would yours be?
Enjoy the weekend, and don’t forget to tag me if you do the IG post!